- Thu, 25 Aug 2016 13:03:15 +0000: Death toll in Italy earthquake rises to 241 - Monroe - News
The death toll in the Italian earthquake rose to at least 241 on Thursday as rescue crews hunted for dozens of people feared trapped under rubble in mountainous towns in central Italy.
- Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:55:49 +0000: Player vs. Reporter: Linebacker - Monroe - News
Watch as The News-Star's Brett Hudson challenges Ruston linebacker Corey Mamon during a drill.
- Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:18:53 +0000: Edwards travels to Acadiana this morning - Monroe - News
Governor: 'As we move into the recovery phase, I want to make sure folks ,,, have an understanding of the resources available to them.'
- Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:17:37 +0000: Updated: Tropical wave still has high chance of formation over weekend - Monroe - News
The National Hurricane Center is continuing to monitor a tropical wave, labeled Invest 99L, as it makes its way across the Caribbean.
- Thu, 25 Aug 2016 12:09:42 +0000: Hurricane would soak waterlogged South - Monroe - News
A tropical wave that's spinning in the Caribbean is forecast to strengthen and could hit both Florida and the sodden Gulf Coast over the next few days, possibly as a hurricane, meteorologists say.